Wednesday in the Forest
(but actually mostly in a pasture area and surrounded by a fence)
Wednesday May 29, 2019
Waskehegan Staging Area, Cooking Lake/Blackfoot Provincial Recreation Area
All participants will be required to sign a lilac waiver.
Bring your DRIVER’S LICENSE to registration to borrow a SPORTident electronic timing card (and compass and whistle if you don’t have your own).
SAME TIME: register from 6:30 to 7:30pm; course closing at 9:00pm.
SAME FEES: $5 per map for members, free for O-Pass holders, and $10 for members-for-a-day.
– includes a SPORTident electronic timing card. Deposit of driver’s licence required.
– includes a rental compass, or bring your own
– includes a rental whistle, or bring your own – any kind will do (groups need only one between them)
SAME COURSES to choose from
– short/easy – almost as easy as the short/easy on a regular Wednesday. x.xkm*
– medium – about the same technical difficulty as the Medium course on a regular Wednesday x.xkm*.
– long course – with controls across country (may cross fences) and definitely getting wet feetx.xkm*.
* plus 200m walk to the start, and back from the finish.
– old runners (could be marshy, and it’s a grazing area!)
– long pants, even if it’s a hot day, as there are rose briars (and perhaps ticks) lurking in the long grass.
– dry shoes and socks to change into afterwards
– whistle (any kind will do) and compass if you have them, or borrow them from the registrar
– something to tell the time
– drivers licence to rent SPORTident timing card and/or compass and/or whistle
LOCATION: 20 km east of Sherwood Park. Registration is usually in the shelter on the east side of the parking lot.
There are better than average outhouses on site.
Reasonable cell phone coverage over most of the map.