EOOC COVID-19 Communication
Given the state of COVID-19 in Alberta (the Alberta government declared a public health emergency on March 17) and with confidence that most of you are doing your best to limit your contact with other people, Edmonton Overlanders Orienteering Club, in conjunction with the Alberta Orienteering Association and the International Orienteering Federation, has decided to cancel all club events until May 31st.
At this point we can say the following:
- We recognize that getting outdoors and in the woods can be very beneficial for physical and mental health, both of which are very important at this time. Some of our volunteers are hard at work coming up with orienteering activities that you can do on your own while maintaining social distance. We hope to post some “safe” orienteering activities on the the website soon.
- While we have cancelled the events in April and May, EOOC will monitor the evolution of this public health emergency in Alberta. Should the situation improve, we will consider reinstating events.
- We will try our best to make sure O-Pass holders get full value from their passes as the schedule for our club events unfolds.
- A meeting regarding the next steps for the 2020 WCOCs and the 2020 COCs will be held before the end of March. Please check the CROF 2020 website in the coming week for updates.
- We will be doing our best to communicate on a regular timely basis as the situation and our plan evolves.
- Stay healthy, stay safe.
Peter MacKenzie, EOOC President