Skill Camp FAQs
Do you need to have an orienteering club membership?
- To attend the camp you must be a member of an orienteering club. If you are not already a member, there is a link to purchase a membership in EOOC or FWOC on the Zone4 registration page.
Can I register a minor to attend without a chaperone?
- Minors can attend sessions without a shadow/chaperone; to stay at the camp minors 16 & under do require a chaperone.
I can’t make the Skills Camp, will the Danish coaches be available other days?
- Our only opportunity to learn with Astrid & Jeppe, the Danish Coaches, is during this weekend camp.
I am an adult, can I bring alcohol?
- We are not allowed to have alcoholic beverages at this venue.
How do I know which location my session will be at (Blackfoot or Redwater)?
- On Saturday, location will be dependent on skill level. Blackfoot will be used for beginner activities, Redwater will be used for intermediate and advanced activities.
- On Sunday all participants will be at Blackfoot for the sessions as well as the afternoon B event.
Is there a schedule for the weekend?
- Our weekend schedule is posted here: campschedule
Will child minding be available?
- No, children of all ages are welcome to participate. Children 10 years of age and older can participate without a shadow/on their own. Children under 5 can tag along with their parent.
I am attending the camp with my child. My child is a beginner; I would like to take the intermediate training. Are we allowed to split up and attend sessions in different areas?
- If your child is 10 years or older, yes you may.
I have a child under 5 participating with me, do I need to register them for sleeping space?
I have more questions. Whom do I ask?
- Dorothy Penner email@example.com